Membership & Donate
Membership in the ESG is open to all at no cost. Anyone can access this website, and anyone can subscribe to our email list. The only stipulations for official (voting) membership are, per our By Laws, subscription to the email list and membership in the American Musicological Society. The AMS provides the ESG with institutional support (website and email list costs, the privilege to hold meetings at the national meeting, and administrative support), but the ESG does not receive a budget from the AMS.
In order to further promote our mission, the ESG has decided to solicit voluntary “membership dues” and donations (both of which are tax deductible) from those who would like to see us provide a more robust offering of activities. Suggested dues are as follows:
- student / unemployed membership: $20 (suggested)
- regular membership: $40 (suggested)
- contributing membership: $100 (suggested)
In addition, donations in any amount may be made. To make your tax-deductible contribution, click on the following button and change the quantity to the appropriate multiple of $10:
Alternatively, you may contact AMS Executive Director Bob Judd (rjudd [at] ams-net.org). Make sure to indicate that your membership or donation is for the Ecocriticism Study Group.
Each year, the secretary-treasurer will provide an accounting of collections and expenses. The ESG will use funds exclusively for the following purposes:
- To fund (in full) the “Ecomusicology Prize” for the best publication or paper in ecomusicology;
- To fund (in part) invited guests who are not AMS members; and
- To fund (in part) special events, e.g. field trips and social events, at annual meetings.
Thank you for your support.